Tool Training: SLA 3D Printing
March 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This course will cover
- General safety and resin handling guidelines
- Parts of the printer
- SLA (stereolithography) vs. FDM (fused deposition modeling), choosing the correct process
- Resin types
- Object orientation explained
- Chitubox or Lychee slicer software
- Preparing the machine for printing
- Printer operation
- Print removal and machine clean up
- UV print curing and washing
- Please visit https://technocopia.org/directions for more information about getting to and parking around Technocopia.
- For this course, students are required to have already successfully completed Tool Training: 3D Printers and Workflow and Advanced 3D printing at Technocopia or received equivalent certification.
- If you would like to take this class but are not available at the listed times, this class may also be scheduled separately by contacting the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successful completion of this course will result in certification of Technocopia members for independent use of the tools directly covered in the course. Non-members who complete this course will be eligible to participate in future project-based classes which require these tools.
- Review our class cancellations and refund policies here: http://technocopia.org/class-policies
About This Instructor
Neil Rosenberg is a retired engineer/manager/educator/mentor with hands-on experience in many aspects of design and fabrication. The author of “Designing 3D Printers: Essential Knowledge” (available on Amazon), Neil has a knack for making complex topics understandable by a wide audience. His career spans many industries, and he derives joy in helping others create and achieve.